Our First Nations Class
Much of this blog comprises a series of articles written by Jim Poulter. Thank you, Jim, for your generosity in sharing the articles with us!.
- Farms without fences (pdf).
- Aboriginal thought systems (pdf).
- Aboriginal society (pdf).
- The collisions of worlds (pdf).
- The Kulin seasons (pdf).
- First contact in Port Phillip (pdf).
- The impacts of colonisation (pdf).
- Surviving colonisation (pdf).
Jim has tutored U3A classes in Australian History for many years and is a frequent guest speaker at our First Nations class. He also writes the ‘Birrarung Stories‘ for the Warrandyte Diary newspaper. Jim has known and worked with many iconic Aboriginal Elders and tribal people who have trusted him with their knowledge.