Our book swap
Following completion of the refurbishment of the court house, the book swap is now open again.
Did you know that, in the Old Eltham Courthouse, there are three bookshelves laden with fiction and a few non-fiction books? U3A members can borrow, take or swap a book from this collection. You can take books, or return books, whenever you are attending any classes at the Courthouse or, alternatively, 9.30–10am on any of the Wednesdays when we have guest speakers scheduled. There are no records to fill in – just take a book and read.
If you have books in good condition that you have read and enjoyed and no longer want, please leave them on the bottom shelves or drop them into the Office (at Eltham Central Pavilion) and we will add them to the collection.
Non fiction books include languages and travel guides.
Other local book swaps
Did you know that there are many little free libraries / book swaps around the area including right out the front of the historical society, next to the Old Eltham Courthouse. There is a relatively large one in the Greensborough Shopping Centre, in the 55+ meeting area (level 2, near JacquiE, around the corner from the Reject shop).
There is also a website called Street Library, where you can set up one of your own or visit one of the others in our area. It lists:
- 129-163 Main Hurstbridge Road, Diamond Creek.
- 901 Main Road, Hurstbridge.
- Kangaroo Ground/St Andrews Road, Panton Hill.
- 3 Deblonay Crescent, Greensborough.
- 11 Louis Street, Greensborough.
- The Living Energy Library, 83-87 Main Street, Greensborough.
- Greenhill Road, Greensborough.
- 18 Coventry Street, Montmorency.
- 275 Gordons Road, South Morang.
Another website called Little Free Library lists:
- Rivers of Yarrambat, 28 Kurrak Road, Yarrambat
- 115 Eminence Boulevard, Doreen