The annual membership (Jan-Dec) covers the expenses of hiring venues, newsletters, postage, publicity and administrative costs.
As a member, you can join as many classes as there are vacancies. All classes are free but some may require a small additional charge for materials, photocopying, entrance fees or hiring equipment.
Please read our Code of Conduct Policy designed for the benefit and protection of the organisation and of members’ personal rights.
If you wish to join, you will need to:
- Pay your annual membership fee.
- Complete a membership form.
Before joining, you may wish to have a look at our class timetable, including which classes currently have spaces available.
Our Office will notify new members once their application and payment has been processed. You will be sent a lanyard and badge showing your member number which can then be used to enrol in classes.
Paying your annual membership fee
The Nillumbik U3A membership fee for 2024 is $55.
Associate membership (applicable if you are already a member of another U3A) for 2024 is $30. If you are paying this amount, you will need to enter details of the U3A that you are a member of including your membership number and date that you renewed membership with them.
Membership fees must be paid prior to enrolment in any courses.
- Electronic bank transfer to our account at Bendigo Bank:
- BSB – 633000
- Account Number – 135510063
- Account name – Nillumbik U3A
- In the reference field, enter your full name (the same name as on your membership form).
- By credit card or Google Pay online (2% surcharge):
- By cash, credit card or cheque at the Office on Mondays 1-3pm or Thursdays 10am-midday: Eltham Central Pavilion, 18 Panther Place, Eltham.
- By cheque sent by snail mail: Nillumbik U3A, PO Box 852, Eltham, 3095.
Completing a membership form
The options for completing the membership form are: