Carole Meade and Suzanne McNally organised our 2022 Biggest Morning Tea on 1st June.
A huge thank you to:
- Everyone who battled the freezing weather to attend.
- Those who were unable to attend but who donated online.
- All those who donated china cups and saucers (a lot of people commented on how lovely it was to have a fine cup and saucer).
- the helpers who assisted with setting up, serving food and then cleaning up at the end.
- Our speakers Renee and Mel from the Cancer Council, who spoke about the many services that the Cancer Council provide.
- Serone McNally and Kirsten McNally, for their generous donations.
We raised $715, much of it from our raffle.
A few members wanted us to tell you a little more about some of the services that the Cancer Council provides. They include cancer education programs, cancer support groups, one to one support program, counselling, wig service and financial, legal and work related advice. For information, support and to confirm eligibility for these services, contact the cancer nurse on 13 11 20 during working hours or email them. All discussions are, of course, confidential. If you would like to keep up to date with initiatives of the Cancer Council, you can subscribe to their e-newsletter.