In February 2020, the Wine and Food Lunch Group had a Queensland dinner at Debra Forbes’ house.
Our wines today were all Robert Channon wines, from the Granite Belt near Stanthorpe, Queensland – cool climate wines.
- Chardonnay/Verdelho 2019 – the area is renowned for its Verdelho. Bit sweet, not enough acid for Chardonnay/Verdelho.
- Verdelho 2019 – went very well with our fish dishes. Varietal character, rich and delicate at the same time.
- Rose 2019 – from Pinot Noir juice, quite nice.
- Pinot Noir 2015 – not as refined as Yarra Valley Pinots.
- Shiraz/Cabernet Merlot 2018 – easy drinking. Good even with cucumber sandwiches! Not aggressive – not too big in the mouth.
- Late harvest Verdelho 2014 – clean acid finish, good for dessert. ‘Late harvest’ says ‘harvested end March, for us that’s the beginning of our grape harvest in Victoria! The ginger in our fruit salad went well with this wine.
|Prawn and avocado salad||Jude|
|Fried coconut, crumbed prawns||Deb F|
|Pumpkin scones||Deb T|
|Chicken & mango||Deb T|
|Tropical savoury salad||Lizzie|
|Tropical dessert salad||Pam|